High-Quality Curricula and Team-Based Professional Learning: A Perfect Partnership for Equity
When all students experience high-quality teaching, they are more likely to learn. When all classrooms are filled with high-quality instructional materials, students are more likely to learn. Establishing these conditions for all learners will help close achievement gaps. Explore High-Quality Curricula and Team-Based Professional Learning: A Perfect Partnership for Equity for rationale, lessons from practitioners, and action steps.
Download Talking Points
Building a Case for Connecting High-Quality Curricula and Team-Based Professional Learning
Hear about the latest research confirming the importance of high-quality curriculum and instructional materials to impact equitable outcomes for students. Consider how PLCs can be leveraged to ensure effective implementation of high-quality curriculum and instructional materials. Hear from practitioners who are applying this research and these practices in their school districts. Engage with national experts and leading practitioners on the subjects as well as other practitioners in the room. Learn about new resources to support your efforts.
Presenters: Stephanie Hirsh and Tracy Crow of Learning Forward, Eric Hirsch of EdReports, Lauren Weisskirk of EdReports, and Jody Guarino from the Orange County Department of Education.
Related Blog Posts
Leverage Research on Curriculum and Professional Learning to Fulfill the Vision of PLCs
Deliberate and intentional attention to a curriculum-driven agenda contributes to an aligned and coherent professional learning system.
How Systems Can Support High-Quality Curricula
System leaders and the system itself play a critical role in providing support and context for curriculum work.
Focus Professional Learning Communities on Curriculum
Well-structured professional learning communities focused on implementing high-quality curriculum can help advance equity for all students.
Curriculum and Learning Teams
If you would like to learn more about how to align your curriculum and learning teams, see how Learning Forward works with Professional Learning Communities, or contact Tom Manning, associate director of consulting and networks, to discuss a customized solution for your needs.
Social Media Sharing
- When all students experience high-quality teaching, they are more likely to learn. When all classrooms are filled with high-quality instructional materials, students are more likely to learn. Learn more: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf #MaterialsMatter
- .@LearningForward’s latest whitepaper finds that effective teaching and high-quality materials both matter for student learning. Read more: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf #MaterialsMatter
- New report says effective team learning is part of larger instructional improvement and learning systems. Download the whitepaper to learn more: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf #MaterialsMatter
- Implementing a new #curriculum — and knowing when and how to adjust or make modifications to address specific student needs — requires professional learning, says new report. Learn more: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf
- Investing in leadership at the school and district levels is essential when bringing collaborative professional learning and high-quality, standards-aligned #curriculum together. Learn more in new whitepaper: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf
- Download @learningforward’s new whitepaper about high-quality curricula and team-based professional learning: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf #MaterialsMatter
- This report explores the premise that there’s nothing more powerful than great teachers skillfully using great instructional materials to motivate and engage students in their learning. Download to learn more: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf #MaterialsMatter
- Learn how educators in three different contexts used learning teams to advance their use of high-quality curricula. Learn more: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf #MaterialsMatter
- Close achievement gaps with rigorous instructional materials & effective learning teams. Explore @learningforward's latest whitepaper: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf #MaterialsMatter
- Equity outcomes can only happen when all teachers have access to high-quality learning & materials. Learn more: https://ow.ly/ZbyL30jQhWf #MaterialsMatter