Learning Forward Academy
Solve your biggest challenges.
Transform yourself and your organization.
Get results for ALL students.
The Learning Forward Academy is Learning Forward’s flagship deep learning experience. With a rich history that spans 20 years, the Academy has supported the problem-based learning of teachers, teacher-leaders, instructional coaches, principals, regional leaders, superintendents, and others whose jobs involve supporting the learning of other adults and students.
When you join the Academy, your learning journey is no longer a solo experience. Instead, you will spend 2 ½ years working with expert coaches and practitioners from around the world as you construct knowledge, improve your practice, create better learning conditions for your colleagues, and improve results for your students.
Is the Academy right for you?
The Academy is custom-built for each participant or team to match your needs.
Are you ready to:
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies to overcome challenges and improve educator practice?
- Become the professional learning subject-matter expert for your organization?
- Implement professional learning in your environment that ultimately increases student achievement?
- Engage fully during learning sessions and do the job-embedded homework?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Learning Forward's Academy is right for you.
Benefits to Academy participants
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Experience 12 face-to-face, team-based learning days for in-depth instruction and to build relationships and foster community;
- Attend two Learning Forward Annual Conferences on us and be inspired by, and network with, industry experts and peers;
- Participate and collaborate by phone and virtually to extend learning and for continuous process improvement;
- Receive ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for three years—to advance your professional learning journey; and
- Celebrate successful completion with a formal graduation at Learning Forward's Annual Conference.
Dates and tuition rates for the next Academy cohort, the Class of 2022
Tuition for the next Learning Forward Academy cohort is $4120 for the 2 1/2 year program includes 12 learning days (continental breakfast and lunch provided), telephone and web-based discussions, access to experienced coaches, registration for two Annual Conferences, a formal graduation upon completion, and a three-year membership in Learning Forward. Academy members are responsible for their own travel and lodging costs during the Academy meetings.
Academy Class of 2022 team-based community learning days and graduation will be:
- Virtual Learning Academy, part 1: July 16, 2020 from 1:00-4:00pm EDT
- Virtual Learning Academy, part 2: October 15, 2020 from 5:00-6:30pm EDT
- Session One: Dec. 4-6, 2020 at our Annual Conference in Chicago, IL (annual conference registration included for Dec. 7-9)
- Session Two: July 2021, location TBD
- Session Three: Dec. 3-5, 2021, at our Annual Conference in Denver, CO (annual conference registration included for Dec. 6-8)
- Session Four: July 2022, location TBD
- Session Five & Graduation: Dec. 4, 2022, at our Annual Conference in Nashville, TN
What are others saying about their Academy experience?
Learning Forward Academy has been a transformational, system-changing professional learning opportunity for my colleagues and me and is truly changing the culture and focus in our district. The depth of job-embedded learning, networking with professionals across the world and spending quality time immersed in problem solving around real issues within our systems is something unique and rarely found in any other form. — Joe McFarland