Learning Forward Academy
Thank you for your interest in the Learning Forward Academy. Learning Forward is excited to announce that the next Academy cohort is now forming! Becoming a member of the 2025 Academy will provide you with the opportunity to be on the ground floor of the newly revised Standards for Professional Learning that were recently released in Spring 2022. The Learning Forward Academy is a great way to increase your capacity as an educator and leader in the ever-changing landscape of education. Along with colleagues from around the world, you will dive deep and align your problem of practice to cutting-edge, equity-centered professional learning standards that incorporate evidence from research and practice about critical topics for educators, including culturally sustaining instruction, social and emotional learning, and personalized learning.
Scholarships available through the Learning Forward Foundation.
Solve your biggest challenges.
Transform yourself and your organization.
Get results for ALL students.
The Learning Forward Academy is Learning Forward’s flagship deep learning experience. With a rich history that spans 20 years, the Academy has supported the problem-based learning of teachers, teacher-leaders, instructional coaches, principals, regional leaders, superintendents, and others whose jobs involve supporting the learning of other adults and students.
When you join the Academy, your learning journey is no longer a solo experience. Instead, you will spend 2 ½ years working with expert coaches and practitioners from around the world as you construct knowledge, improve your practice, create better learning conditions for your colleagues, and improve results for your students.
Is the Academy right for you?
The Academy is custom-built for each participant or team to match your needs.
Are you ready to:
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies to overcome challenges and improve educator practice?
- Join a vibrant and engaged learning community of fellow educators who are connected virtually and live.
- Become the professional learning subject-matter expert for your organization
- Implement professional learning in your environment that ultimately increases student achievement?
- Engage fully during learning sessions and do the job-embedded homework?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Learning Forward's Academy is right for you.
Benefits to Academy participants
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Enjoy ten face-to-face learning days with Academy colleagues from around the world;
- Continue the learning with four virtual learning events between face-to-face sessions;
- Receive three registrations for the Learning Forward Annual Conference; 1-day pre-conference, three days of Conference (Value over $3000);
- Receive three years of membership to Main Idea;
- Get customized feedback and ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships, and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for three years (value over $180)—to advance your professional learning journey;
- Access Academy alumni (priceless); and
- Celebrate with your class during a graduation ceremony at our Annual Conference.
|Academy Timeline (2.5 years)|
(Attend Annual Conference)
(Attend Annual Conference)
(Attend Annual Conference)
|Session 1: Understanding the System, Plan and Prioritize Action|
|Data Analysis, Root Cause Analysis|
|Session 2: Creating Goals and planning for Stakeholders|
|Introduction of Evaluation Framework|
|Session 3: Executing and Supporting the plan|
|Refining the evaluation framework|
|Session 4: Analyzing Data and Sharing Findings|
|Data collections and reporting|
|Graduation-1 day of learning|
The Class of 2025 cohort details
Tuition for the next Learning Forward Academy cohort is $5100 for the 2½ year program which includes 10 learning days (continental breakfast and lunch provided), telephone and web-based discussions, access to experienced coaches, registration for three Annual Conferences, a formal graduation upon completion, and a 3-year membership in Learning Forward. Academy members are responsible for their own travel and lodging costs during the Academy meetings.
Academy Class of 2025 team-based community learning days and graduation will be:
- Session One: July 21-23, 2023, Louisville, KY
- Session Two: Dec. 1-2, 2023, at our Annual Conference in in Washington, DC (annual conference registration included for Dec. 3-6)
- Session Three: July 2024, location TBD
- Session Four: Dec.6-7, 2024, at our Annual Conference in Aurora, CO (annual conference registration included for Dec. 8-11)
- Session Five & Graduation: Dec. 7, 2025, at our Annual Conference in Boston, MA (annual conference registration included for Dec. 7-10)
If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Bogle at Shannon.Bogle@LearningForward.org
You must be logged in to submit your application. If you are not currently a member, simply create a free guest account to log in.
Academy Class of 2024
The current Learning Forward Academy cohort is underway for their 2 1/2 year program which includes team-based learning, web-based discussions, access to experienced coaches, registration for two Annual Conferences, formal graduation upon completion, and a three-year membership in Learning Forward. Academy members are responsible for their own travel and lodging costs during the Academy meetings.
Academy Class of 2024 team-based community learning days and graduation will be:
- Session One: July 15-17, 2022, Minneapolis, MN
- Session Two: Dec. 2-4, 2022, at our Annual Conference in Nashville, TN (annual conference registration included for Dec. 5-7)
- Session Three: July 2023, location TBD
- Session Four: Dec. 1-3, 2023, at our Annual Conference in Washington, DC (annual conference registration included for Dec. 4-6)
- Session Five & Graduation: December 2024, Denver
If you have any questions, please contact Shannon Bogle at email@example.com or 972-421-0900 .
Application & scholarships
Academy members in action
Director, Networks & Academy
800 E. Campbell Rd.
Richardson, TX 75081