Learning Forward Academy
Solve your biggest challenges.
Transform yourself and your organization.
Get results for ALL students.
The Learning Forward Academy is Learning Forward’s flagship deep learning experience. With a rich history that spans 20 years, the Academy has supported the problem-based learning of teachers, teacher-leaders, instructional coaches, principals, regional leaders, superintendents, and others whose jobs involve supporting the learning of other adults and students.
When you join the Academy, your learning journey is no longer a solo experience. Instead, you will spend 2 ½ years working with expert coaches and practitioners from around the world as you construct knowledge, improve your practice, create better learning conditions for your colleagues, and improve results for your students.
Is the Academy right for you?
The Academy is custom-built for each participant or team to match your needs.
Are you ready to:
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies to overcome challenges and improve educator practice?
- Become the professional learning subject-matter expert for your organization?
- Implement professional learning in your environment that ultimately increases student achievement?
- Engage fully during learning sessions and do the job-embedded homework?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Learning Forward's Academy is right for you.
Benefits to Academy participants
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Experience 12 face-to-face, team-based learning days for in-depth instruction and to build relationships and foster community;
- Attend two Learning Forward Annual Conferences on us and be inspired by, and network with, industry experts and peers;
- Participate and collaborate by phone and virtually to extend learning and for continuous process improvement;
- Receive ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for three years—to advance your professional learning journey; and
- Celebrate successful completion with a formal graduation at Learning Forward's Annual Conference.
What are others saying about their Academy experience?
The Learning Forward Academy is a 2.5 year experience which supported me in implementing a highly effective teacher development program and held me accountable to measuring and improving the impact of the professional learning implemented. The learning I received transferred to other teacher development programs I now lead and emphasized the importance of monitoring and measuring impact to ensure professional learning is effective.— Anna Mary Smith