Learning Forward Academy
Solve your biggest challenges.
Transform yourself and your organization.
Get results for ALL students.
The Learning Forward Academy is Learning Forward’s flagship deep learning experience. With a rich history that spans 20 years, the Academy has supported the problem-based learning of teachers, teacher-leaders, instructional coaches, principals, regional leaders, superintendents, and others whose jobs involve supporting the learning of other adults and students.
When you join the Academy, your learning journey is no longer a solo experience. Instead, you will spend 2 ½ years working with expert coaches and practitioners from around the world as you construct knowledge, improve your practice, create better learning conditions for your colleagues, and improve results for your students.
Is the Academy right for you?
The Academy is custom-built for each participant or team to match your needs.
Are you ready to:
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies to overcome challenges and improve educator practice?
- Become the professional learning subject-matter expert for your organization?
- Implement professional learning in your environment that ultimately increases student achievement?
- Engage fully during learning sessions and do the job-embedded homework?
If you answered yes to any of the above questions, Learning Forward's Academy is right for you.
Benefits to Academy participants
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Experience 12 face-to-face, team-based learning days for in-depth instruction and to build relationships and foster community;
- Attend two Learning Forward Annual Conferences on us and be inspired by, and network with, industry experts and peers;
- Participate and collaborate by phone and virtually to extend learning and for continuous process improvement;
- Receive ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for three years—to advance your professional learning journey; and
- Celebrate successful completion with a formal graduation at Learning Forward's Annual Conference.
Dates and tuition rates for the next Academy cohort, the Class of 2021
Tuition for the next Learning Forward Academy cohort is $4010 for the 2 1/2 year program includes 12 learning days (continental breakfast and lunch provided), telephone and web-based discussions, access to experienced coaches, registration for two Annual Conferences, a formal graduation upon completion, and a three-year membership in Learning Forward. Academy members are responsible for their own travel and lodging costs during the Academy meetings.
Academy Class of 2021 team-based community learning days and graduation will be:
- Session One: July 19-21, 2019, Boston, MA
- Session Two: Dec. 6 – 8, 2019 at our Annual Conference in St. Louis, MO (annual conference registration included for Dec. 9-11)
- Session Three: July 2020, location TBD
- Session Four: Dec. 4-6, 2020, at our Annual Conference in Chicago, IL (annual conference registration included for Dec. 7-9)
- Session Five/Graduation: Dec. 5, 2021, at our Annual Conference in Denver, CO
What are others saying about their Academy experience?
Why invest in the Learning Forward Academy? It is an opportunity of a lifetime to deepen dispositions and collaborate with peers. The Learning Forward Academy is an engaging learning community of professionals from around the world that commit to exploring effective practices for their organizations. As an Academy member, I had the opportunity to deepen my understanding of professional learning as it relates to teaching and learning. The Academy provided a collaborative space for me to deepen my knowledge, attitude, skills, aspirations, and behaviors by engaging in inquiry around a Problem of Practice. — Ramona Coleman