After a pandemic-related hiatus, Learning Forward welcomes a new cohort of the Learning Forward Academy. The Academy is Learning Forward’s flagship deep learning experience where members spend 2½ years working together on problems of practice and learning about best practices in professional learning from coaches and other field leaders.
The kickoff for the new cohort, the Academy Class of 2024, will be held in Minneapolis, Minnesota, in July. Coaches for the Class of 2024 are Ashley Helms, executive director of pre-K-12 academics in Whitewright ISD in Texas, and Nadira Singh, professional learning and coaching coordinator in the Office of Staff Development at Gwinnett County Public Schools in Georgia.
For more information on the Learning Forward Academy, visit learningforward.org/academy
Members of the Class of 2024 are:
- Karen Allard, Santa Clara Unified School District
- Jennifer Allen, NWEA
- Erin Beard, NWEA
- Jerad Beckler, Batavia Public School District 101
- Juliane Berquam, Peoria Unified School District
- Gwendolyn Best, Petersburg City Schools
- Rachelle Burmside, Santa Clara Unified School District
- Miladys Cepero-Perez, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
- Michelle DellaFortuna, Glen Rock Public Schools
- Rory Dippold, Falls Church City Public Schools
- Matt Dunbar, Franklin County Public Schools
- Molly Dunne, Northwest Suburban Special Education Organization
- Tony Dutra, Broward County Public Schools
- Rachel Fainstein, Santa Clara Unified School District
- Diana Federman, The School District of Palm Beach County
- Linsey Hawkins, Florida Virtual School
- Alyson Hill, Florida Virtual School
- Alicia Himes, Los Lunas Schools
- Vivian Holcombe, The School District of Palm Beach County
- Rebecca Ingram, Jefferson County Public Schools
- Javier Jimenez, South Bend Community Schools
- Kurt Johns, Lyons Township High School District 204
- Gretchen Lawn, Educational Service Center of Northeast Ohio
- Amy MacCrindle, Huntley Community School District 158
- Jenny Maehara, Santa Clara Unified School District
- Linda McDaniel, Sioux Falls School District
- Machel Mills-Miles, Learning Forward
- Wendy Owens, Special School District of St. Louis
- Sara Perez, Santa Clara Unified School District
- Janith Rhodes, Gwinnett County Public Schools
- Diamond Robinson, South Bend Community Schools
- Kristen Rulison, School District of Palm Beach County
- Amy Shaver, Franklin County Public Schools
- Ming Shelby, Batavia Public School District 101
- Angela Simmons, Special School District of St. Louis County
- Kristin Skogstad, Sioux Falls School District
- Janie Stach, Grapevine-Colleyville ISD
- Elizabeth Stavis, Santa Clara Unified School District
- Sharron Stroman, NWEA
- Tiffany Tommasini, Florida Virtual School
- Dorina Varsamis, Broward County Public Schools
- Collin Voigt, Lyons Township High School District 204
- Kai Walker, Broward County Public Schools
- Brenda Ward, Lafayette School Corporation
- Karen Weaver, Franklin County Public Schools
- Regina Wimberly, Miami-Dade County Public Schools
Learning Forward is the only professional association devoted exclusively to those who work in educator professional development. We help our members plan, implement, and measure high-quality professional learning so they can achieve success with their systems, schools, and students.
This issue celebrates the many ways coaches are helping schools thrive in...
Collaboration and trust are essential to high-quality professional...
Building equity takes leadership at every level – in classrooms,...
How do you lead in times of crisis? It starts with openness to learning...