The Science Professional Learning Community from Health Sciences High and Middle College in San Diego has won the 2019 Shirley Hord Learning Team Award! Learn more about this team's work here.
The Shirley Hord Teacher Learning Team Award honors a team of teachers that demonstrates excellence in professional learning. This annual award recognizes a school-based learning team that exhibits evidence of successful implementation of a cycle of continuous improvement that results in increased teaching effectiveness.
The winner of the Learning Team Award receives:
- A cash gift for their school to support collaborative professional learning, courtesy of Corwin.
- Complimentary three-day registrations, airfare, and three hotel rooms for learning team members to Learning Forward's Annual Conference (when a live conference).
- A celebration of the team during a general sessions at the Annual Conference.
- A profile in the The Learning Professional and on Learning Forward's website.
To apply for the Teacher Learning Team Award:
- Download and study the resources provided below.
- Download and complete the Learning Team Award Application. (coming in spring 2021)
- Submit a 10-12 minute video that shows evidence of the team implementing a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Include a letter of recommendation from your school principal that also describes how the principal supports the work of the learning team.
- Complete a brief, two-part essay describing the results your team hopes to achieve from its professional learning, the learning activities that help the team achieve these results, and evidence that you are achieving results.
- Include a list of learning team members, including their positions.
- Complete a Talent Release Form for each member of your team (coming soon).
- Include a high-resolution team photo.
- Submit questions and applications to firstname.lastname@example.org.
2019 Learning Team Award winner
2019 Learning Team Award winner Congratulations to Health Sciences High and Middle College! The science professional learning community from Health Sciences High and Middle College in San Diego, an independent charter schoolserving […]
2018 Learning Team Award winner
2018 Learning Team Award winner The Hawaii Math Lab Cohort Team from Maunawili Elementary Schoolin Kailua, Hawaii has won the 2018 Shirley Hord TeacherLearning Team Award. The annual award, named […]
2017 Learning Team Award winner
2017 Learning Team Award winner In 2015-16, Lincoln Heights’ Learning Leaders team began a two-year focus on the development of research-based professional learning community practices. Team members collaborated to develop […]
2016 Hord Award winner
2016 Hord Award winner Tustin High’s Leadership Team is made up of 13 instructional coaches (called iCOACHes), as well as three assistant principals, a “coach of coaches,” and school principal […]
2015 Hord Award winner
2015 Hord Award winner Alonso High School is the largest school in Hillsborough County Schools. The school’s Instructional Leadership Team is a cross-curricular team focused on implementing a system of […]
2014 Hord Award winner
2014 Hord Award winner The winning team focused their collaborative work developing and implementing a professional learning design model to improve mathematics instruction for English language learners. Learning Forward and […]
2013 Hord Award winner
2013 Hord Award winner According to their principal, Rachel Blundell, “All of our learning teams have been using job-embedded professional learning tools to identify specific student challenges and have set […]