Calling all Title II advocates!
Sometimes calling your representative can seem overwhelming. Learn how you can leave a powerful voicemail message that makes a difference as Stephanie Hirsh calls one of her representatives to advocate for Title II funding.
1. Call your members in Congress
2. Share your impact story
We invite you to join your peers from across the U.S. to share your successes here.
Tell us what Title II funds in your school or district, and most important, what outcomes you see as a result. Outcomes might include improved graduation rates or assessment scores, improvements for specific populations of students, or other indicators that students are experiencing more meaningful learning.
3. Tweet using #TitleIIA @[Senators and Reps]
Here are some sample tweets you can use:
- Despite the President’s proposed budget, #TitleIIA is critical to educators and students.
- #TitleIIA is critical for teachers, school leaders, and principals to do their jobs effectively; cuts threaten this ability.
- Millions of teachers, principals, and school leaders depend on #TitleIIA to improve schools and instruction in the classroom.
- #ESSA allows states to use 3% of #TitleIIA funds for PD for principals; cutting decreases the chances to seize this opportunity.
- Each #ESSA plan is relying on #TitleIIA dollars to implement programs that will train educators on how to improve student achievement. Congress, give the states what they want by supporting full funding for #TitleIIA!
- The quality of teaching and leadership in schools are the two most significant in-school factors tied to student achievement. #TitleIIA
- #TitleIIA supports increased student academic achievement by promoting strategies that will positively affect educator effectiveness.
- Educators and students deserve schools led by great principals. Tell Congress to maintain school leadership funding through #TitleIIA
- Educators and students deserve schools filled with outstanding teachers. Tell Congress to maintain professional development funding for teachers through #TitleIIA
- Students and teachers need great principals to thrive—Tell Congress: Don't cut school leadership funding! #TitleIIA
- Without great principals, we won't have great schools. Tell Congress to maintain school leadership funding! #TitleIIA
- Educators: Join us in telling Congress not to cut school leadership funding! #TitleIIA
4. Watch our webinars
Learning Forward hosted a series of advocacy webinars designed to help educators build their advocacy skills. Each free webinar provides background information, the legislative status of Title II, and offers practical steps for how you can engage in this critical fight. Access on-demand webinars here.
- No matching events listed under Advocacy. Please try viewing the full calendar for a complete list of events.
5. Read our advocacy posts
What members are saying
I love the emphasis on advocacy for our field – the sample templates Learning Forward shares to communicate with state reps regarding policy, the up-to-date info about policy and legislation that could impact our field. I also really appreciate that Learning Forward is the standard-bearer for professional learning standards and provides a framework that supports calibrated understanding of quality and how to strive for it.— Rhonda