Vision, Mission, and Beliefs
Learning Forward shows you how to plan, implement, and measure high-quality professional learning so you and your team can achieve success with your system, your school, and your students.
We are the only professional association devoted exclusively to those who work in educator professional development. We help our members leverage the power of professional learning to affect positive and lasting change.
Equity and excellence in teaching and learning.
Learning Forward builds the capacity of leaders to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning.
- Professional learning that improves educator effectiveness is fundamental to student learning.
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Effective school systems commit to continuous improvement for all adults and students.
What members are saying
The value of having multiple staff as members of Learning Forward is the opportunity to develop common language and expectations about what valuable professional development is and means in our district. The resources, publications and learning opportunities that Learning Forward provides also supports our goals for developing our district culture of growth for all, including the adults who serve our students. — Melissa Heller