Vision, Mission, and Beliefs
Learning Forward shows you how to plan, implement, and measure high-quality professional learning so you and your team can achieve success with your system, your school, and your students.
We are the only professional association devoted exclusively to those who work in educator professional development. We help our members leverage the power of professional learning to affect positive and lasting change.
Equity and excellence in teaching and learning.
Learning Forward builds the capacity of leaders to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning.
- Professional learning that improves educator effectiveness is fundamental to student learning.
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Effective school systems commit to continuous improvement for all adults and students.
What members are saying
Learning Forward Academy has been a transformational, system-changing professional learning opportunity for my colleagues and me and is truly changing the culture and focus in our district. The depth of job-embedded learning, networking with professionals across the world and spending quality time immersed in problem solving around real issues within our systems is something unique and rarely found in any other form. — Joe McFarland