About Learning Forward
Learning Forward shows you how to plan, implement, and measure high-quality professional learning so you and your team can achieve success with your system, your school, and your students.
We are the only professional association devoted exclusively to those who work in educator professional development. We help our members leverage the power of professional learning to affect positive and lasting change.
Equity and excellence in teaching and learning.
Learning Forward builds the capacity of leaders to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning.
- Professional learning that improves educator effectiveness is fundamental to student learning.
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Effective school systems commit to continuous improvement for all adults and students.
What members are saying
I grew in my knowledge, skill and application in three areas. First, I have increased my capability to facilitate others leaders’ capacity to understand the Standards for Professional Learning and move the Standards into practice. Second, I have revisited my notes and used the content from our sessions on change management and implementation of change in a many learning activities. Third, my greatest growth has been in the area of assessing the impact of professional learning. Revisiting this topic in multiple sessions during the Academy allowed me to sharpen my skills and deepen understanding. The inquiry-based learning model served me well. — Michelle Bowman