About Learning Forward
Learning Forward shows you how to plan, implement, and measure high-quality professional learning so you and your team can achieve success with your system, your school, and your students.
We are the only professional association devoted exclusively to those who work in educator professional development. We help our members leverage the power of professional learning to affect positive and lasting change.
Equity and excellence in teaching and learning.
Learning Forward builds the capacity of leaders to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning.
- Professional learning that improves educator effectiveness is fundamental to student learning.
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Effective school systems commit to continuous improvement for all adults and students.
What members are saying
Having multiple staff members at all levels across the district be active members of Learning Forward has helped us set a vision and foundation for high-quality, evidence-based, job-embedded and on-going professional learning that is built upon the Standards for Professional Learning. From the Board level to administration and faculty, all operate, understand and embrace the Standards. We have seen a huge growth in our teacher leadership which has made positive impacts on student achievement and school culture. — Joe H.