About Learning Forward
Learning Forward shows you how to plan, implement, and measure high-quality professional learning so you and your team can achieve success with your system, your school, and your students.
We are the only professional association devoted exclusively to those who work in educator professional development. We help our members leverage the power of professional learning to affect positive and lasting change.
Equity and excellence in teaching and learning.
Learning Forward builds the capacity of leaders to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning.
- Professional learning that improves educator effectiveness is fundamental to student learning.
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Effective school systems commit to continuous improvement for all adults and students.
What members are saying
Finally, when I began this process, I had a very limited understanding of how to formatively assess professional learning. Not only have I developed skills that can allow me to assess the structures and content of professional learning, but also the teacher concern and level of use around their professional learning and what to do with the results to move teachers into a place where their professional learning is positively impacting the students in their classrooms. — Leann Myers