About Learning Forward
Learning Forward shows you how to plan, implement, and measure high-quality professional learning so you and your team can achieve success with your system, your school, and your students.
We are the only professional association devoted exclusively to those who work in educator professional development. We help our members leverage the power of professional learning to affect positive and lasting change.
Equity and excellence in teaching and learning.
Learning Forward builds the capacity of leaders to establish and sustain highly effective professional learning.
- Professional learning that improves educator effectiveness is fundamental to student learning.
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Effective school systems commit to continuous improvement for all adults and students.
What members are saying
In addition, we now use norms, protocols, and a professional learning plan to monitor our progress toward our student and adult learning goals. More importantly, our professional learning takes place over time so that genuine adult learning can take place….no more ‘one and done’ professional development. By ‘going slow to go fast’, our faculty is beginning to embrace the concept of professional learning; they are beginning to envision the process as ongoing and not simply a checklist. — Matt Schiebel