2014 Annual Conference
|Learning Forward's 2014 Annual Conference in Nashville Dec. 6-10 promises you outstanding content and invaluable tools to bring the most powerful forms of professional learning back to your workplace. Special features of the conference include meals and receptions, keynote Q&As and thought leaders, extended learning before and after the conference, a conference mobile app, a benefit concert featuring the sounds of the Little River Band, and the opportunity to earn CEUs. Spread the word about the Annual Conference with your friends and colleagues! || |
Paulina Pam shares her favorite thing about conference.
What's New At The Conference?
- PD Redesign Toolkit: Explore the PD redesign toolkit supported by the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation to promote professional development redesign and set conditions that foster innovation. This session is limited to district teams and the first 50 to respond. To attend regardless of conference registration, please RSVP here.
- The Redesign Challenge: Learn about a new initiative, the Redesign Challenge, which will launch a series of collaborative challenges, inviting educators to share experiences, surface barriers, and try out the best ideas in real schools with real kids. See how to become part of the Redesign Challenge and RSVP.
- Cocktail Hour in the EdSurge PD Tech Playground: EdSurge will share a framework for choosing different tools that can be used for professional development. Be part of the conversation and let vendors know how they can change their products to meet your needs. Please RSVP.
- iPD Showcase: iPD Showcase sessions feature vendors and providers presenting 25-minute demonstrations on leveraging the power of technology to implement innovative solutions addressing your professional development needs.
- Learning Hangout: Discover free or low-cost tools and get solutions to the challenges you face in your school, classroom or organization. Bring your mobile device and engage in these 25-minute hands-on sessions near the Exhibit Hall.
- FastForward: Attend these fast-paced, concise presentations, also known as PechaKucha, Ignite, or Byte sessions. Each presentation is 7 minutes long and features 15-18 slides.
- Networking Meet Ups: Take advantage of opportunities to meet up with colleagues and nationally known facilitators around shared interests or in job-alike sessions.
Music Concert: The Learning Forward Foundation's concert features the Little River Band, with proceeds directly funding scholarships and grants. Only $20 before November 25!