Frederick Brown and Stephanie Hirsh of Learning Forward, and Laura Hamilton and Sean Grant from the RAND Corporation, discuss the implications for how to integrate SEL strategies and outcomes into your own professional learning programs and share evidence that indicates the importance of Social and Emotional Learning (SEL) to student success in academics. Researchers identified Title I, Title II and Title IV funding streams as potential supports for integrating SEL into state, district and school improvement efforts using this report: Social and Emotional Learning Interventions Under the Every Student Succeeds Act, Evidence Review.
In this webinar:
- Hear an overview of SEL research directly from two SEL researchers, Laura S. Hamilton and Sean Grant;
- Gain insights into 60 U.S.-based SEL programs reviewed and ways educators can consider the links to the ESSA tiers of evidence (I-IV) along with recommendations for educators and policymakers;
- Interact with researchers on questions to assist in developing your SEL efforts locally;
- Discuss the implications for how to integrate SEL strategies and outcomes into your own professional learning programs; and
- Learn from fellow Learning Forward colleagues and other attendees as they share their own successes and challenges.
Log in below or join to access additional webinar resources and slides.