Edited by Lois Brown Easton
Filled with 24 learning designs, the latest edition of Learning Forward\'s best-seller helps educators understand the kinds of learning experiences that result in changed practices and better results for students. The book is edited by Lois Brown Easton, with chapters authored by more than 30 of the field\'s leading experts in adult learning.
The broad range of designs allows educators to find the best strategies for their particular needs and circumstances. Fifteen of the 24 designs in this version are new. The others have been updated, many incorporating aspects of technology.
Use the links below to download tools supporting chapters of Powerful Designs for Professional Learning.
These files are available exclusively to those who purchase the book. Use the password in the book to open the files.
- Design: Form and Structure for Learning
- Systems: The Context for Learning
- Chapter 1: Accessing Student Voices
- Chapter 2: Action Research
- Chapter 3: Assessment as Professional Learning
- Chapter 4: Classroom Walk-Throughs for Peers
- Chapter 5: Coaching Principals
- Chapter 6: Collaborative Analysis of Student Learning
- Chapter 7: Critical Friends Groups
- Chapter 8: Curriculum as Professional Learning
- Chapter 9: Data Analysis
- Chapter 10: Dialogue
- Chapter 11: Digital Teacher Portfolios
- Chapter 12: Instructional Coaching
- Chapter 13: Instructional Rounds
- Chapter 14: Lesson Study
- Chapter 15: Online Coaching
- Chapter 16: Online Courses
- Chapter 17: Online Protocols
- Chapter 18: Professional Learning Communities
- Chapter 19: Shadowing
- Chapter 20: Social Media
- Chapter 21: Teacher-Led Conferences
- Chapter 22: Videos
- Chapter 23: Visual Dialogue
- Chapter 24: Webinars