What is the academy?
The academy provides an integrated toolbox that empowers members to
Download fact sheet.
|The Learning Forward Academy is an extended and profound learning experience that immerses members in a model of inquiry- and problem-based learning. Academy members work collaboratively to gain knowledge to solve significant student learning problems in their schools, districts, or organizations. |
The Learning Forward Academy seeks to understand individual members' needs and then assist them in meeting objectives through a collaborative learning environment and the support of experienced coaches.
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies for improved educator practice;
- Become the professional learning subject-matter experts for their organizations;
- Successfully implement professional learning in their environment; and ultimately
- Increase student achievement.
Benefits to participating members of the Academy Class of 2016:
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Experience 12 face-to-face, team-based learning days for in-depth instruction and to build relationships and foster community;
- Attend Learning Forward’s 2014 and 2015 Annual Conferences on us and be inspired by and network with industry experts and peers (complimentary registration--a $1,390 value!);
- Participate and collaborate by phone and virtually to extend learning and for continuous process improvement;
- Ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for 3 years—to advance the professional development journey (a $447 value!); and
Team-based community learning days and graduation:
- Celebrate successful completion with a formal graduation at Learning Forward's Annual Conference.
A special thanks to our partners
- Session One: July 18-20, 2014 in Chicago
- Session Two: Dec. 5-7, 2014 and Annual Conference in Nashville, Tenn.
- Session Three: July 17-19, 2015 in Toronto
- Session Four: Dec. 4-6, 2015 and Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Session Five & Graduation: Dec. 4, 2016 at Annual Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia