What is the academy?
| ||The Learning Forward Academy is an extended and profound learning experience that immerses members in a model of inquiry- and problem-based learning. Academy members work collaboratively to gain knowledge to solve significant student learning problems in their schools, districts, or organizations. |
The Learning Forward Academy seeks to understand individual members' needs and then assist them in meeting objectives through a collaborative learning environment and the support of experienced coaches.
The academy provides an integrated toolbox that empowers members to
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies for improved educator practice;
- Become the professional learning subject-matter experts for their organizations;
- Successfully implement professional learning in their environment; and ultimately
- Increase student achievement.
Benefits to participating members of the Academy:
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Experience 12 face-to-face, team-based learning days for in-depth instruction and to build relationships and foster community;
- Attend Learning Forward’s 2015 and 2016 Annual
Conferences on us and be inspired by and network with industry experts and peers (complimentary registration--a $1,390 value!);
Team-based community learning days and graduation:
- Participate and collaborate by phone and virtually to extend learning and for continuous process improvement;
- Ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for 3 years—to advance the professional development journey (a $447 value!); and
- Celebrate successful completion with a formal graduation at Learning Forward's Annual Conference.
- Session One: July 17-19, 2015 in Toronto, Canada
- Session Two: Dec. 4-6, 2015 and Annual Conference in Washington, D.C.
- Session Three: July 22-24, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois
- Session Four: Dec. 2-4, 2016 at Annual Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Session Five & Graduation: Dec. 3, 2017 in Orlando, Fla.