What is the academy?
| ||The Learning Forward Academy is an extended and profound learning experience that immerses members in a model of inquiry- and problem-based learning. Academy members work collaboratively to gain knowledge to solve significant student learning problems in their schools, districts, or organizations. |
The Learning Forward Academy seeks to understand individual members' needs and then assist them in meeting objectives through a collaborative learning environment and the support of experienced coaches.
The academy provides an integrated toolbox that empowers members to
- Construct knowledge and develop strategies for improved educator practice;
- Become the professional learning subject-matter experts for their organizations;
- Successfully implement professional learning in their environment; and ultimately
- Increase student achievement.
Benefits to participating members of the Academy:
- Share 2 1/2 years of learning with educators from around the world;
- Experience 12 face-to-face, team-based learning days for in-depth instruction and to build relationships and foster community;
- Attend Learning Forward’s 2016 and 2017 Annual
Conferences on us and be inspired by and network with industry experts and peers (complimentary registration--a $1,446 value!);
Academy Class of 2018 team-based community learning days and graduation:
- Participate and collaborate by phone and virtually to extend learning and for continuous process improvement;
- Ongoing support from an experienced coach who is also an Academy graduate;
- Gain access to resources, relationships and real results with a complimentary Learning Forward membership for 3 years—to advance the professional development journey (a $449 value!); and
- Celebrate successful completion with a formal graduation at Learning Forward's Annual Conference.
- Session One: July 22-24, 2016 in Chicago, Illinois
- Session Two: Dec. 2-4, 2016 at Annual Conference in Vancouver, British Columbia
- Session Three: July 21-23, 2017 in Denver, Colorado
- Session Four: Dec. 1-3, 2017 at Annual Conference in Orlando, Fla.
- Session Five & Graduation: Dec. 2, 2018 in Dallas, Texas
Tuition for the Learning Forward Academy is $3850 for the 2½ year program which includes 12 learning days (continental breakfast and lunch provided), telephone and web-based discussions, access to experienced coaches, registration for two Annual Conferences, a formal graduation upon completion, and a 3-year membership in Learning Forward. Academy members are responsible for their own travel and lodging costs during the Academy meetings.