Shirley Hord Learning Team Award
The Shirley Hord Teacher Learning Team Award honors a team of teachers that demonstrates excellence in professional learning. This annual award recognizes a school-based learning team that exhibits evidence of successful implementation of a cycle of continuous improvement that results in increased teaching effectiveness.
The winner of the 2019 Learning Team Award receives:
- A cash gift of $2,500 for their school to support collaborative professional learning, courtesy of Corwin.
- Complimentary three-day registrations, airfare, and three hotel rooms for learning team members to Learning Forward's 2019 Annual Conference in St. Louis.
- A celebration of the team during a general sessions at the 2019 Annual Conference.
- A profile in the The Learning Professional and on Learning Forward's website.
To apply for the 2020 Teacher Learning Team Award:
- Download and study the resources provided below.
- Download and complete the Learning Team Award Application.
- Submit a 10-12 minute video that shows evidence of the team implementing a cycle of continuous improvement.
- Include a letter of recommendation from your school principal that also describes how the principal supports the work of the learning team.
- Complete a brief, two-part essay describing the results your team hopes to achieve from its professional learning, the learning activities that help the team achieve these results, and evidence that you are achieving results.
- Include a list of learning team members, including their positions.
- Complete a Talent Release Form for each member of your team.
- Include a high-resolution team photo.
- Submit applications to email@example.com.