In 1969, Ron Brandt organized a gathering of staff developers in Minneapolis to discuss the issues they faced in their relatively new field. Since that time – now 50 years ago – the gathering turned into a membership organization of more than 11,000 members.
Originally named the National Staff Development Council and rebranded as Learning Forward in 2010, the organization has evolved just as the field of professional learning has evolved.
Join us at our Annual Conference in St. Louis as we celebrate 50 years of building capacity and changing practice!
Through the course of 2019 and into 2020, Learning Forward will recognize and celebrate this evolution. Keep an eye out for:
- Historical journal content with commentary from some of the field’s leading thought leaders.
- Audio interviews with long-term members.
- A timeline of the organization’s history.
- In-person celebrations at this year’s Annual Conference in St. Louis.
- Opportunities on social media to share your story as a Learning Forward or NSDC member.
Follow our facebook event and share our celebration with your favorite social media.
Learning Forward Foundation and Affiliate leaders are joining with Learning Forward staff and members to highlight key moments in our history. If you’d like to participate in anniversary planning, contact Zach Sherburn (firstname.lastname@example.org).