Learning Forward's partnership with AdvanceEd recognizes
schools that engage in Standards-based professional learning.
Learn more and apply.
Learning Forward has partnered with AdvanceEd
to offer schools an opportunity to earn a Learning School Designation.
The Learning School Designation identifies a school as exemplifying effective professional learning in action. Achieving the designation demonstrates the value a school places on professional learning that increases teaching effectiveness and student achievement.
To qualify, schools must demonstrate adherence to the Standards for Professional Learning
and be accredited by AdvancED.
Achieving the Learning School Designation demonstrates an institution’s commitment to professional learning and to ensuring that students experience quality teaching that prepares them for lifelong success. Applying for the designation sends a powerful message to all community stakeholders that the school values learning for both the adults and students.
Institutions earning the Learning School Designation receive a certificate of recognition. Learning Forward also provides the following benefits to all designees during their five-year designation terms:
- An organizational Learning Forward membership;
- An invitation to conduct a session at Learning Forward’s Annual Conference;
- Recognition in an article in Learning Forward’s journal, JSD;
- Recognition at Learning Forward and AdvancED conferences;
- Membership in an international network of recognized Learning Schools; and
- The opportunity to serve on an External Review Team for Learning Forward and/or AdvancED.
Learn more about the designation and apply to be a learning school.