The Agents for Learning Competition engaged educator teams in advocating for the best use of federal funding for professional learning under the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA).
Below is a continuously updated list of resources to help teams answer these questions and to provide deeper context to the issues involved in this effort.
- Watch Learning Forward and NCTAF's "ESSA 101 for Educators” webinar here. You can also download a PDF of the slides used in the webinar.
- Watch a webinar on professional learning and its role in ESSA here. Download a PDF of the slides used in the webinar.
- Download a PDF of the document Leveraging the Every Student Succeeds Act (ESSA) to Build Professional Learning Systems.
Additional ESSA Resources
Agents of Learning Sponsor Resources
Council of Chief State School Officers (CCSSO) provides:
Center for American Progress (CAP) provides:
American Federation of Teachers (AFT) provides:
The National Board for Professional Teaching Standards provides an ESSA resource page including:
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards recommendations for states for developing Title II plans that support accomplished teaching.
- National Board for Professional Teaching Standards recommendations for districts for developing Title II plans that support accomplished teaching.
National Education Association (NEA) provides:
- A full suite of resources, from one-pagers on important ESSA topics to tables that map out the changes in grant programs and funding levels from current law to ESSA