Board of Trustees Oath of Office
As a board member, I will:
- Fulfill my roles and responsibilities as delineated in Board Policies;
- Adhere to Board of Trustees norms during board meetings;
- Support the executive director in his/her executive role;
- Respect and support the Bylaws, Policies, Operations, and Board decisions;
- Conduct myself in a spirit of collegiality and respect for the collective decisions of the Board and subordinate my personal issues to the best interests of Learning Forward;
- Honor confidentiality regarding discussions, comments, and deliberations; and
- Exercise the above responsibilities at all times and with due diligence, care, and skill in a reasonable and prudent manner.
Removal from the board:
- Substantial breach of any part of this oath may result in my removal from the Learning Forward Board of Trustees.
- I will immediately resign my position as Board Trustee in the event that I, or my colleagues on the Board, have concluded that I have breached my Oath of Office.
- Should I resign from the Board, I will inform the President in advance in writing, stating my reasons for resigning. Additionally, I will participate in an exit interview with the President prior to my resignation.