Board Meeting Norms
I will base my decisions on the Learning Forward vision and mission.
- I will maintain commitment to our common vision.
I will listen, engage, and hold myself responsible for examining all points of view.
- I will feel free to ask questions.
- I will have respect for operations and maintain openness.
- I will remain open to outcomes.
I will use humor, as appropriate.
- I will be flexible as the process unfolds.
I will air all disagreements during the meeting.
- I will adhere to transparency and confidentiality of the process.
- I will be inclusive of all opinions/thoughts/multiple perspectives.
- I have an obligation to express concerns, dissent when I feel it necessary, and challenge the ideas but not the person voicing them.
I will work in community to seek consensus.
- I will trust in the process and be patient.
- I will commit to the diligent execution of the plan.
- I will agree to consensus through commitment, enthusiasm and unification to the decisions made.
I will be fully present during the meetings.
- I commit to measure progress.
- I will sustain regular board norms throughout the process.
- I will participate in and support substantive conversations.
Consensus represents a decision made by all trustees that is unified, committed and enthusiastic.