Calling all Title II advocates!
Title II-A needs your support! Learning Forward is asking all of our stakeholders to make advocacy on behalf of Title II-A a commitment between now and September 30. We need you to let your Senators and US Representatives know two things:
- Title II-A funding is critical in your schools and districts
- They should support the House of Representatives’ approved appropriations bill that included a $500 million increase for Title II-A
ACTIONS (Please do ALL of the following):
- Call your Senators’ and Representative’s office and ask them to support the House of Representatives’ approved $500 million increase for Title IIA in the final 2020 Appropriations Bill. (Sample call script can be found here.)
- Email your Senators’ and Representative’s office and ask them to support including in a final appropriations bill the $500 million increase for Title IIA that the full House has already approved. (Sample email can be found here.)
- Tweet at your Senators and Representative and ask them to support the House of Representatives’ approved $500 million increase for Title IIA in the final 2020 Appropriations Bill. (Sample tweets can be found here.)
- Join the Learning Forward A-Team.
Please contact Melinda George, Learning Forward’s Director of Policy & Partnerships, with any questions and to let us know which actions you have taken. Melinda can be reached at Melinda.email@example.com. Thank you!
Learning Forward Events › Advocacy
SAVE THE DATE Learning Forward Capitol Hill Briefing: Addressing Equity in Teaching Through Professional Learning Thursday, October 10, 2019 Noon – 1:30 pm ET All of America’s teachers need access to high-quality professional learning and support to address students’ cultural contexts, social emotional development and an ability to engage with demanding academic content. All too often, the teachers of the students who need the most support are in schools with the most limited resources for professional learning. We can…Find out more »
What members are saying
I love the emphasis on advocacy for our field – the sample templates Learning Forward shares to communicate with state reps regarding policy, the up-to-date info about policy and legislation that could impact our field. I also really appreciate that Learning Forward is the standard-bearer for professional learning standards and provides a framework that supports calibrated understanding of quality and how to strive for it. — Rhonda