Apply here to join the next academy class!
Thank you for your interest in the Learning Forward Academy. Learning Forward recently announced all 2021 learning programs and events will be exclusively online. Due to the cancellation of July 2021 summer meetings and the December in-person 2021 Annual Conference, we have decided to postpone adding a new Academy cohort until July 2022. This was not an easy decision to make; however, with 97% of our Academy participants indicating the “in-person” component of the program was a major benefit of their experience, we feel compelled to pause until in-person learning can reconvene. During the rest of this year, we hope you will stay connected with Learning Forward by participating in our other learning events, including our free webinars.
You are welcome to submit your Academy application in order for us to hold a spot for you in next year’s cohort!
Application deadline: March 15, 2022
Tuition for the next Learning Forward Academy cohort is $4120 for the 2½ year program which includes 12 learning days (continental breakfast and lunch provided), telephone and web-based discussions, access to experienced coaches, registration for two Annual Conferences, a formal graduation upon completion, and a 3-year membership in Learning Forward. Academy members are responsible for their own travel and lodging costs during the Academy meetings.
Before you start the application process, you will need the following:
1) Demographic information for you and your supervisor.
2) An applicant letter with the following information:
- Description of the sponsoring school/organization.
- Description of the applicant’s role in the organization.
- Reasons for applying to participate in the Academy.
- Identification of the problem the applicant wants to solve. (Download this tool for assistance.)
- Statement of commitment to fulfill Academy expectations/commitments.
3) A signed letter of support from superintendent or appropriate administrator addressing the following:
- Commitment to support the applicant’s participation in the Academy for two-and-a-half years.
- Financial support for tuition and travel for the applicant to participate in the Academy learning experiences.
- Commitment to support the applicant in solving one or more significant problems related to student learning.
Academy Class of 2023 team-based community learning days and graduation will be:
- Session One: July 23-25, 2021 in Dallas, TX
- Session Two: Dec. 3-5, 2021, at our Annual Conference in Denver, CO (annual conference registration included for Dec. 6-8)
- Session Three: July 2022, location TBD
- Session Four: Dec. 2-4, 2022, at our Annual Conference in Nashville, TN (annual conference registration included for Dec. 5-7)
- Session Five & Graduation: Dec. 3, 2023, at our Annual Conference in Washington, DC
You must be logged in to submit your application. If you are not currently a member, simply create a free guest account to log in.