Learning Forward's Board of Trustees adopted an updated strategic plan that includes beliefs, mission, vision, and strategic priorities at the 2012 Annual Conference in Boston. This plan will guide the work of the organization for the coming years as it works to achieve a vision where Every educator engages in effective professional learning every day so every student achieves. Beliefs
- Effective professional learning is fundamental to student learning.
- All educators have an obligation to improve their practice.
- More students achieve when educators assume collective responsibility for student learning.
- Successful leaders create and sustain a culture of learning.
- Improving student learning and professional practice requires ongoing systemic and organizational change.
Every educator engages in effective professional learning every day so every student achieves. Mission
Learning Forward advances educator effectiveness and student results through standards-based professional learning. Strategic Priorities Overview
Learning Forward's recently revised Standards for Professional Learning define the elements essential to educator learning that leads to improved practice and better results for students. Learning Forward's strategic plan is designed to advance the standards both nationally and internationally. Working simultaneously to serve the members of the organization and influence the wider education field, Learning Forward will focus on the three priority areas below over the next seven years.