Learning Forward Partners
Learning Forward would like to thank the following organizations for their generous support in promoting professional learning to advance student achievement.
| ||Arthur Vining Davis Foundations |
The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations help support Learning Forward's Learning School Alliance, a network of schools committed to improved professional practice and student achievement. The Arthur Vining Davis Foundations are named for the former president of the Aluminum Company of America. The Foundations provide grants in five program areas: higher education, secondary education, religion (graduate theological education), health care (caring attitudes), and public television. Secondary education grants fund "innovative professional development programs that strengthen teachers and their teaching in grades 9-12." For more information about Arthur Vining Davis Foundations, visit http://www.avdf.org.
| ||Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation |
Guided by the belief that every life has equal value, the Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation works to help all people lead healthy, productive lives. The foundation supported all three parts of the Status of Professional Learning research study, and it continues to fund Learning Forward to disseminate its work in improving teacher effectiveness through conferences and publications. In developing countries, the Bill and Melinda Gates Foundation focuses on improving people's health and giving them the chance to lift themselves out of hunger and extreme poverty. In the United States, it seeks to ensure that all people -- especially those with the fewest resources -- have access to the opportunities they need to succeed in school and life. Based in Seattle, Washington, the foundation is led by CEO Jeff Raikes and Co-chair William H. Gates Sr., under the direction of Bill and Melinda Gates and Warren Buffett. For more information about Bill & Melinda Gates Foundation, visit http://www.gatesfoundation.org.
| ||MetLife Foundation |
MetLife Foundation has supported Learning Forward's mission through the funding of various publications and newsletters. The foundation provided funding for the first phase of research for the Status of Professional Learning research study and the Learning School Alliance. Most recently, the MetLife Foundation funded the development of Learning Forward's 2011 Standards for Professional Learning and is extending funding to disseminate and implement the standards through the development of specialized resources... MetLife Foundation is committed to building a secure future for individuals and communities worldwide, through a focus on empowering older adults, preparing young people and building livable communities. In education, it seeks to strengthen public schools through effective teaching and collaborative leadership, and to prepare students for access to and success in higher education, particularly during the crucial first year. The Foundation's grantmaking is informed by findings from the annual MetLife Survey of the American Teacher. For more information visit http://www.metlife.org.
| ||Sandler Foundation |
Sandler Foundation is a national foundation that works to improve quality of life. It seeks to promote education policy changes that support high-quality learning environments where learning is meaningful, substantive, and relevant to individual and societal needs and interests. The foundation focuses on equitable educational policies that create effective systems for effectively reaching students who are currently least well-served by the school system. For more information about Sandler Foundation, visit www.sandlerfoundation.org.
| ||The Wallace Foundation |
The Wallace Foundation supports and shares effective ideas and practices to improve learning and enrichment opportunities for children, and has strengthened Learning Forward's commitment to school and district leadership. The foundation provided funding for the first phase of research for the Status of Professional Learning research study. The foundation has also funded efforts to disseminate its research and resources through Learning Forward's publications and conferences. The Wallace Foundation's vision is children, particularly those living in distressed urban areas, have access to good schools and a variety of enrichment programs in and outside of school that prepare them to be contributing members of their communities. The foundation's mission is to improve learning and enrichment opportunities for children. The foundation accomplishes this by supporting and sharing effective ideas and practices. For more information about The Wallace Foundation, visit http://www.wallacefoundation.org.
- College Board supported the development of Learning Forward's Policy Points newsletters and its 2011 Professional Development Summit.
- Corwin partners with Learning Forward through support of our Book Club, and as a long time conference sponsor. Corwin also sponsors the Shirley Hord Learning Team Award, which recognizes a school team that successfully implements the cycle of continuous learning for professional learning that results in student achievement.
- ETS supports Learning Forward's efforts through the 2011 Professional Development Summit.
- KnowledgeWorks has supported publication and distribution of one of Learning Forward's newsletters, The Learning System.
- School Improvement Network supports Learning Forward as sponsor of our annual Awards Program and Annual Conference.
- Teachscape has supported Learning Forward for over four years through the Big 50 Network, a network of professional development leaders from the largest school districts in the United States and Canada.
- Truenorthlogic supports the State Education Agency Professional Development Directors Network.
- Chalkboard Project, Advisory Council, Portland, OR
- Data Quality Campaign, Endorsing Partner
- ETS Model Teacher Leader Standards Task Force
- ISKME, Knowledge Collaborative for Cross-Organizational Learning Project, Half Moon Bay, CA
- Learning First Alliance, Executive Board, Washington, DC
- Measured Progress Advisory Board
- Multi-State Consortium for Professional Educator Continuum
- National Forum for Middle School
- Nike School Innovation Fund
- PBS Peer Connection Advisory Board
- Region IX Equity Assistance Center, Advisory Board, Tempe, AZ
- Texas Virtual School Network (TxVSN) School, Advisory Council