Learning Forward prefers to receive articles electronically. Send inquiries or manuscripts to Christy Colclasure (email@example.com)
April 15, 2014
School systems across the globe are instituting new systems of teacher evaluation, feedback, and support and seeking ways to integrate meaningfully professional growth. For this issue, JSD
editors will consider articles that address these questions and other related themes:
- What role does standards-based professional learning play in teacher evaluation systems?
- How do system leaders shift evaluation systems from punitive to supportive in nature?
- What part do peer accountability and mutual responsibility have in a growth-oriented teacher evaluation system?
- What teacher frameworks underlie growth-oriented evaluation systems and how do they contribute to improved student learning?
- What professional learning is required for all educators in a system to meaningfully implement new evaluation and feedback measures?
- Where are there examples of teacher evaluation systems that integrate professional learning?
editors are always concerned with articles that show evidence that the professional learning described leads to improved student outcomes.